Sunday 4 May 2014

Starting Over

Perhaps I'm in the wrong type job if I don't like change.

My second placement started today, the not quite immediate follow-on from my first.  I have met with my new supervisor twice now, once while we decide if we can work together, and the second time as we discussed officially the placement to come.

It's the first day of any placement that I really can't be arsed with.  I have spent the last six months making connections at Lowry (North) and now I have to start off again.  The fact that I can't remember names or faces really makes this awkward.  In the hall there is a picture of all the office bearers, so this will be my source of reference, and on a Sunday I can rely on many people wearing name badges.

So I went into the first church where I was warmly welcomed.  Some of the people on the door remembered me from when I checked out the church the week before.  Others knew there was a student coming, but didn't know what I looked like.

Worship is completely different from my previous experience, one of the reasons I picked this particular church.  The other reason was that there was nobody closer that could take me.

There is a lot to keep me busy, although this placement, I fear that I am going to have to work placement around work.  At least this will make it more like working as an OLM, having to balance work with ministry.

So it was an interesting first day, but I know that it will be weeks, perhaps months before I know the dynamics of the church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment